The Real American Health Crisis
When you think of ‘health crisis’, what comes to mind? For many, it is the rise of things like the Zika virus or the rampant decimation that cancer has had and continues to have on the population. But the true health crisis in America is something much more devious and surprising than those diseases.
We’re talking about the growing plague of poor lifestyle choices and in particular obesity. IT’s common knowledge by now that just being overweight is enough to have a major impact on your health, and can influence things like:
- Your propensity to develop diseases like diabetes or even some cancers
- Energy levels
- Depression and mood
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Fatty liver disease
In short, being overweight is something that you need to fight against. Now consider some of the surprising – and frightening – stats regarding obesity in the country today.
- 1 out of every 20 adults have extreme obesity
- More than 1 in 3 adults are obese
- More than two-thirds of the population are considered to be overweight
- One third of citizens between 6 and 19 years old are overweight
Those are huge numbers, and they are fueled in large part to the fact that today’s Americans don’t eat a healthy diet and that they regularly remain sedentary for most of their life. As such, obesity is growing in a big way and we need to combat it.
So how can you go about reducing your weight and fighting the development of obesity? There are a few tips worth remembering here. Most of them are well known and fairly obvious, but reviewing them is still a good idea. Let’s look at some of them now.
- Eat right. Focus on healthy foods that aren’t fried or filled with sugar. Instead, try to make your diet center around lean meats like fish or poultry and plenty of veggies and fruit.
- Get active. Regular exercise is a huge part of weight loss, and can help you feel more energized as well.
- Avoid things like alcohol, which can make you tired and reduce your activity levels while also making it harder to lose weight.
- Add supplements to your daily routine. Supplements like Superfood Reds can give you the additional nutrition you need to feel better while still cutting your weight.
All of these steps are the fundamentals for a better, healthier life and one where you start losing weight regularly. Add them to your daily routine and you’ll be able to start seeing the weight drop off in a big way.
- Franklin VanOs